Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In Memory or Lawrence Clark – Oct. 20/2009

Well yesterday was a sad day for our Clark Clan.

If anybody knows my Papa (grandfather) has been fighting skin cancer for a while. Back about 2 years ago he went up to Hamilton with little success, and it has been a downward slop from there. He was also Diabetic and developed diabetic neuropathy which lead to him recently losing one leg just below the knee.

We had been prepared for a family meeting tomorrow to look at placement options, knowing he was stubborn and wouldn’t want to go anywhere but home. However in the early morning he passed away. And he was comfortable.

So yesterday was spent letting people know and getting my father, his son, home from Ontario where is is working. It was a late night but over all a good day, I can’t say tears weren't shed but time spent with family also has to be quality good time, and it was that.

Today will be rough as well, we are going to the funeral home to make the arrangements. I am thankful that work has given me the rest of the week off and I can spend this time with my family and myself. We weren't close but we where family.

I am so mad to say that I don’t have any recent pictures and that I only have old ones, I have a few still to scan but haven't gotten there yet.

 

Untitled-5 Untitled-4

meand papa 2

RIP Papa, you are in a better place now.

No comments:

Post a Comment