Monday, October 12, 2009

Waiting for the world to change

Ok here we go, I am done waiting for other people to change. I think for a long time I have waited for others to change around me so I could feel comfortable changing too. Well that is enough of this bullshit. I know now that the only one who can change me, is me. And while I have amazing support from people like my husband, I don’t have that support in all areas of my life (my mother unfortunately being one of them).

So with out further ado here is my plan, I am going to start small with a weekly goal.

  • Eat 3 – 4 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. While this is not up to par with what we should all eat, this is a challenge for me and I will strive to get better each week.
  • Reduce the amount of refined breads/cereals I eat. Last Friday was grocery day so we have bought white bread, but this Friday when we go again I will buy whole wheat and get all the chemical crap out of my system.
  • Exercise 2 – 3 times this week. Right now Deans gym membership is up so I am only looking at today and Saturday as big exercise days. But I will get something else in there somewhere.
  • Take the stairs at work once a day (I work on the 5th floor). That means up, in my head I plan to take them down all the time, but we will see. However I think once a day will work wonders for me to start with.
  • Blog everyday, trying to stay in the positive and not the negative. I am very good at being negative, and it is probably one of my downfalls, so I am only allowing myself one negative comment to blog on a day. Everything else will hopefully focus on the positive or what I can do to be better.

So if I can do good with this for the week I am going to reward myself with something from Clinique. I get my makeup there and want something new, so that will be it.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great goals Holly and FYI you have our support too. I'm in total detox mod this week. :)

    ReplyDelete