Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Family, love, Friends

Hey guys! Man what a day I had today! We lost a resident today very suddenly and it really hit home for me. I have a huge family. I have always said it was rather small. I am an only child, and my mom’s side is just her and her sister and my grandparents really. And my dad’s while bigger we are not close at all. But today I realized I have 33 grandparents on top of my own, and alot of family ranging from  mother like relationships to sisters, aunts, uncles ect.

Let me explain. I work in my residents home, and alot of these people don’t have family and even if they do I see these people almost everyday. They are my family and I am there's. And it made me realize the importance of telling the people you love that you love them, or care about them. We had a rough day at work, and in the end even though sometimes my staff don’t get along, they were all hugging each other and being there for each other, the other residents and families. It really is one big happy family to me.

Ok we have had enough of the sappy crap right! So that was my work day, however I got to the gym today and burned some good calories, I also ate really good, and am over all in a very good mood. Supper tonight is shrimp with some asparagus and rice. I am looking forward to the asparagus as I have been wanting it for a long time now.

Well that is about it, a sad but good day, and relatively boring to blog about really. But just remember to tell the people who are important to you that you love them!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you lost a member of your work family. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for you loss. Thanks for this post. It's a really important message.

    ReplyDelete