Sunday, April 18, 2010

Green Monster Madness!

Wow the weekend flew! It wasn’t the best week, or end, but it was fun. I am excepting a gain on the scale, unless I can waterlog my self. Its that time of the month and everything in sight came into my mouth!

That being said it was a decent weekend spent relaxing and cleaning up a bit.

This morning I woke up and remembered there was pineapple in the fridge that was probably almost ready to go bad. Then I thought about smoothies. I have yet to join the Green Monster wagon and decided why not try it. I am not normally a smoothie person as I feel they take more time then they are worth sometimes but I gave it a whirl.

In the blender went;

  • 1C spinach
  • 1C pineapple
  • 1 medium banana
  • 1 sm. container vanilla yogurt
  • 1 C milk
  • 4 ice cubes.

SAM_0274

SAM_0277

Over all I was a little nervous, but it turned out amazing!

 

 

 

 

SAM_0278 SAM_0280

Now all I need is to find some decent protein powder and I will be able to make a meal in a glass!

This week is Deans last week of school so we will see how everything changes in a flash and how I deal with the stress. I have no meals planned yet and I am planning 4 trips to the gym this week. I have set up a calendar for us because soon Dean will start shift work and who knows when we will be home and who will cook and all that jazz.

Well hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to read someone say that the Green Monster taste bad, been hearing about it all over the blogsphere for month, but i have yet to try it...
    maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete