Monday, July 19, 2010

Deans whirlwind birthday weekend

My Husband is a quarter century old! (I’m not far behind him though).

After a long day of Dean working, and me shopping with my mom we headed to Lynn and Jason's to start the celebrations. We had a great BBQ of hamburgers, sausages, corn on the cob and potatoes. Me and Dean were drinking Sutter Home, our favourite white zinfandel. We chilled out, and had some birthday cake.

SAM_0594

Unfortunately it was in my car a little long and it was +38 degrees Saturday so it melted a little bit. It still tasted good though. Dean definitely wanted a good cake and I hope he enjoyed it even though it melted. At least he didn’t ask for Ice-cream Cake!

We watched and movie and went to bed. In the morning it was Sunny! Just as we had hoped. Lynn made a great breakfast of scrambled eggs, home fries and French bread. After we digested and it got hotter we headed to the beach. The great thing about living on the Eastern Shore is the beaches and it’s even better when you know a few non-provincial ones. This beach has a lake on one side and then over a dune there is the ocean. It was high tide so no ocean fun was to be had. But we did step into this lovely lake.

SAM_0610

The water was pretty warm and we got a nice refreshing swim in. We went home in time for a light lunch and Dean opened his gifts. Then we got ready for a nice dinner out. Soon enough it was time for pictures and piling into the car.

 

  SAM_0628  Don’t we all look good dressed up. Its rare we dress up and go somewhere. It was lovely!SAM_0622

  We were originally going to go to Il Mercato, but it was closed. So we scoured the city and finally deciding on Upstairs at Salty’s. The food was wonderful and they also had my favourite dessert ever; Blueberry Grunt!

Over all it was a wonderful weekend and today I was back to work.

My plans for this week include trying to figure out what I am going to do with food/exercise and I hope that will help me find some motivation. Other plans include going to the beach in the evening if it’s nice and relaxing and spending time with my wonderful Husband! Hope you had a good Birthday Hun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment