Thursday, December 30, 2010

Financial Feelings

It’s finally a sunny day here today!

Just a few thoughts on money and budgeting today.

Hubby and I have been in our house now for 3 months, and I thought money was going to be a big strain. Truth is it isn’t as bad with a well worked out budget. When we first moved in it took about a month to get it all figured out, and now we  have it down pat. We are even paying more into debt re-payment then needed if you follow Gail Vaz-Oxlade’s budget plan. Over all I am happy with the way things are going on the money front.

Next up is Christmas spending. Who spends too much at Christmas time? Everyone I am sure. Going into December we knew we had alot of events coming up (family and friends birthdays, my own birthday, Christmas parties and shopping ect.) We had decided to not pay as much into our debt for the month of December and even said if we had to use some credit that would be ok. Well when I budgeted the books on the 26th everything worked out, without going farther in debt! I think we are pretty awesome for that to happen! Now it has been hard getting back to following the budget but we are slowly getting there.

Do you budget, if you do do you follow it?

No comments:

Post a Comment